Why do we need supplements?
The answer is complex, but one reason is...money...Money?
What I mean is the food companies that deliver most of the food we have access to have stripped the nutrients and replaced them with sugar and preservatives. These are highly addictive and NOT good, but that is an article for another day :)
So, in order to get the proper nutrients we must supplement them.
With all the supplements that are available it can get overwhelming trying to find somewhere to start...so I made it easy! Here are the 5 supplements you should to be taking everyday.
1) Probiotic - Your gut is arguably the most important part of your body. There's good and bad bacteria that effect metabolism, mood and your immune system. Probiotics are live bacteria that are good for you. Adding a probiotic to your morning routine will help you live a healthier and happier life.
2) Magnesium - Up to 80% of the world is deficient in Magnesium. A proper magnesium level helps increase energy, calm nerves, lowers cortisol (stress hormone) levels, helps with sleep, digestion, regulates calcium, potassium, sodium, and is good for the heart...just to name a few. Great to take at night before bed...helps relax your mind and body for a restful night of sleep.
3) Vitamin D3 - Almost all of us are deficient in D. This will perk up your mood, but also helps bones, teeth and it doesn't hurt that vitamin D helps fight cancer...just a couple of reasons. Vitamin D fights disease, reduces depression and boosts weight loss...so, why would you not be taking this daily?!?!
4) Omega 3 - Just good overall...so many benefits. Seriously, too many benefits to list...just take it everyday :)
5) B Complex - With Folate, not Folic. Folate helps you absorb it, otherwise you're just wasting it. A ton of good benefits such as good energy levels, brain function, and cell metabolism. Take this early in the day or before a workout and enjoy!
There's a catch...you must make sure you get quality supplements, because there are plenty of "empty" supplements out there. Remember the beginning of the article and the food companies out for money without regards to your health? Unfortunately, this goes for supplement companies too.
"Be Better Tomorrow by Taking Action Today"
How much self-control do you have? Would you consider yourself weak…or strong?
Regardless of where you lie on the spectrum, I’m going to tell you how you can increase yours…today!
Have you ever heard of the Marshmallow experiment?
It was an experiment done in the late 60’s and published in 72.
They took hundreds of kids (4–5 years old). Took them individually into a room, sat them down and put a marshmallow in front of them. The experimenter told the kids they could eat the marshmallow in front of them after they leave the room for a little bit (about 15 minutes), or if they wait until the experimenter gets back…they would get 2 Marshmallows.
Many Kids ate the marshmallow as soon as they left the room, others struggled until they finally gave in and some made it until then end.
The Marshmallow Experiment is all about impulse control, self-control and Willpower.
Willpower is defined as Control of of one’s impulses and actions.
Why is willpower important? Because the short-term decisions made using your willpower effect your long-term goals.
Although, the Marshmallow Test seems harmless and fun, the results were quite eye opening. 20 years later they checked back in with the kids, who were now grown and the one’s who were able to hold out for the second marshmallow on average had…
- Higher SAT Scores
- Lower Substance Abuse
- Better Response to Stress
- Better Social Skills (according to parents)
There’s an argument to whether the kids were just naturally born with better self-control and I’m not going to get into the Nature vs Nurture debate, but what I will get into is how you, at any age and any level of self-control, can improve yours.
1) Write it Down — You are 42% more likely to do something if you write it down. It takes the decision out of the equation which uses willpower.
2) Sleep — Most of us are sleep deprived and think we are fine, but if we actually got enough sleep and ran at 100%, our willpower would be much stronger.
3) Distractions — If we learn to distract ourselves when being tempted, it helps us make the “right” choice. I also talk about how changing our environment can help us overcome temptations.
4) Mindfulness — Practicing Mindfulness actually strengthens our brain, so as our brain becomes stronger so does our willpower. I show you how to practice mindfulness in as little as 60 seconds per day.
How many Marshmallows are you going to have?
How did Tom Brady become one of the best Quarterbacks of all-time? Determination!
You need to be able to create and sustain a determined mindset in order to accomplish your goals.
What is determination? It’s defined as the Firmness of Purpose — Not Giving Up — Overcoming.
Tom is a perfect example of this as when he first started at the university of Michigan he was 7th on the depth chart at QB. He eventually worked his way to the backup his first two years and finally to started in his last two.
Even though Tom had showed his determination in college and had some success, he wasn’t a highly sought after QB prospect in the NFL draft as he ended up getting drafted #199 in the 6th round…by the way, there are only 7 rounds.
He didn’t start a game in the NFL until his second year and only after the starter, Drew Bledsoe got hurt. Tom still upset about being drafted so late wanted to prove everyone wrong…boy did he. Tom took the Patriots to the super bowl that year and won it. He has never looked back…
Not everyone can become a super bowl winning quarterback, but everyone can develop a determined mindset.
There are three things you need to do in order to develop a determined mindset…
1) Know What You Want
2) Believe It!
3) Take Action
This video shows the steps needed to Train Your Brain to Succeed…
Determination — Train Your Brain for Success (Tom Brady)
We all want to live our dream lives, but the question is how do you do it?
I'm going to break it down...
In order to live your dream life...You need to accomplish your goals...the things you want most in life. In order to accomplish your goals, you must first develop the correct habits to achieve those goals. In order to develop those habits, you must first become mindful in your everyday life.
Although, this diagram looks simplistic, the amount of knowledge and effort needed to go from one to the other can be overwhelming. This is why almost no one gets to their dream life without a system.
A system that not only helps you accomplish your goals, but teaches you to develop healthy habits as well as shows you how to become mindful in your ever day life.
There are a lot of systems out there. But, if you don't have one, I have one available for FREE that covers all three aspects needed to live your dream life. In fact it's called TRUE PATH which is exactly what it does...helps you find your true path in life.
We are all different and all have different paths...it is up to us to discover ours that leads us to our dream life.
Get your FREE TRUE PATH Video Course here and discover what your true potential can be.
Grab your FREE TRUE PATH pdf here
The below video gives you a little more information on living your dream life and the TRUE PATH system.
Which is better…Journey or Destination?
If you refer to the fable, the Tortoise and the Hare you can see two examples. The Hare is a good representation of Destination as the Tortoise is an example of the Journey person.
We tend to lean towards one or the other. I like to think about it this way…
We’ve all been on a Road Trip. Are you the type that can’t wait to get to the destination or do you prefer the trip itself…the journey.
Some characteristics of both are…
Destination People are Driven, Focused and Successful
Journey People are Care Free, Happy, Enjoy Life
Some downfalls of each are…
Destination People — although they get to their destination, they don’t really enjoy the ride getting there and once they accomplish their goal, they don’t appreciate the achievement, instead they ask What’s Next?
Journey People often enjoy the ride so much they get distracted and sometimes never make it to their goal.
So, What’s Better? Journey or Destination…
Although, I lean towards the Journey side, in my opinion, the best is to be a hybrid.
For more detail and how to be a hybrid check out the 4 minute video…